Construction Manager Position
Who are we?
We are a top-rated design-build firm focused on high-end residential construction projects. We deliver outcomes that are beautiful yet functional and that reflect our Clients’ personalities and lifestyles. We take pride in our work, deliver finely crafted product on time and on budget, and provide excellent customer service. The majority of our business comes from referrals from satisfied customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Residential Construction Manager to join our team in Waterloo Ontario in a salaried position:
• Provide on-site project management and supervision from start to finish
• Schedule and organize trades to complete scopes within desired timeframe
• Coordinate scheduling & details with the Operations Manager and Client
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet quality bar set by Operations Manager
• Read and interpret plans and specifications, purchase orders and change orders
• Maintain a safe working environment and ensure that trades maintain neat and clean job site
• Ensure regular client contact for the duration of the project. Host and document meetings.
• Use mobile technology platforms to assist on site
• Complete daily logs to keep stakeholders informed of project success
• Complete weekly reports to Operations Manager on the current state of the project
• Ensure our Customers are satisfied where they are likely to provide strong referrals
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings
• Strong organization skills required
• Strong technology skills required including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Present a professional work appearance
• Excellent self-starter that works well independently and within a team
• Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Have a positive attitude
• Red Seal in applicable building trade a strong asset
• 5+ years of experience in construction industry required
• 1+ year experience managing a site required
• Strong knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
• Previous experience doing estimates on residential construction projects a strong asset
• A vehicle in good working order to transport the employee and tools to and from jobs sites
Apply for this job
Please attach your resume in pdf format. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.